Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Good Holiday Weekend.

 What a great weekend of inspecting.  I hope everyone fared as well.  I had an opportunity to take a trip up to Seattle on Saturday to look at a condo on Lake Washington (and I mean it was on the lake).  The wind was blowing hard and the lake was angry but I had a great conversation with a friend about the condo business in Seattle.  Turns out it is a niche market where prices are up and inventory is low.  He took the time to explain to me some of the ins and outs of Seattle condo sales and what walking indexes are.  The amount of time and effort he puts in is inspiring and paying off. 

           Sunday I took a look at a bank owned property for a young couple buying their first house.  I know, I know yet another bank owned un-financeable bank property, but no.  Fannie May has decided to start selling sellable houses!  Shocking as that is it is true.  Not just paint and carpet but a serviced furnace and most other items repaired as well.  A government owned house that will qualify for government financing?  What’s going on here?  It was great the client couldn’t be happier, and for a change everyone gets paid.  It feels like business again. 

           I have very high hopes for this year.  It started out well even with having to take a week off in January (huge storm here-no power) and it only being mid-February.  I am reminded why I got into this crazy real estate business in the first place and my thanks go out to the listing agent for the clean government owned house, the selling agent for showing up on Sunday and to the mortgage broker for the referral.  To the agent in Seattle I thank you for the inspiration and reminding me that sometimes it’s ok to step outside the box and buck current trends.  I hope you all have a great Presidents day and enjoy some time off.  Me, I’m off to look at another house……









                              Sincerely, Matt Sorensen…..

Pictures this time are of pressure washed roofs.  You should not pressure wash a composition roof ever.  It causes more damage than anything else I see.  You can quickly turn a roof that had several years of remaining life into a roof that needs to be replaced.  Don’t do it!





4 comments:

  1. Remarkable blog! I have no words to praise, it has really allured me. Website

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I found t web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this m prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, i m always look for people to check out my web site. FL pre listing home inspections

    ReplyDelete
  3. Optical measurement instrument A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home inspector school near me Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete